Repast at the Captain's Table
- Breakfast at the Captain's Inn is created from delightful fresh ingredients and served in generous portions. Awaken to the aroma of perfectly roasted Kona coffee brewing and a daylight brightened dining room with cheerful gingham and lace. Or help yourself to a steaming cup of our variety of teas or gourmet cocoas, and sip while viewing birds at our water fountain by the window. Then sit and relax while we bring you a lovely three course breakfast with juices. We always start with something fresh baked in our oven such as pastries, scones or muffins and follow with fresh fruit including our locally grown sweet strawberries (when available). The breakfast main course varies between our sweet and savory recipes; you may have apricot waffles with honey ham, messy spinich eggs with german sausage, sweet potato pancakes with bananas and cream and chicken apple sausage, prawns with eggs, our zesty yet mild huevos rancheros, or many other recipes. Our recipes have been published in "The Great Country Inns of American Cookbook" and in "California Bed & Breakfast Cookbook".
- A complimentary hot fresh breakfast is provided each morning that includes fresh fruits, baked pastries, and a home cooked main course. All served with hot beverages and fresh juices. This starts at 8:30am .
- Please inform us of your dietary restrictions as far in advance as possible so we can do our best to meet your needs.
- A simple "brown bag" breakfast can be left for guests who wish to start earlier - great for business and birding travelers.
- There is a local wine tasting room only a few blocks walk from the inn which provides wine from 5 to 7pm Fridays.
- Fresh baked cookies are delivered to rooms as part of the turndown service.
- Late afternoons to evening, you can help yourself to hot water to make some of our quality teas, hot chocolate, instant mochas and coffees.
- There is also a guest refrigerator with bottled water, soda pops, and ice. While we do not have wine, you are welcome to bring your own beverages and cool them in refrigerator provided in the dining room. We do have corkscrews, wine glasses, and ice buckets for your convenience.
- At the Captain's Inn, we can cater brunches, small business meetings, and small dessert wedding receptions.
- Featured in "2008 - California Food Adventures" guide, and Artichoke recipe on 2009 list of Monterey County's Finest.
Be Sure to See: Melanie's Cookbook, "Cooking for the Captain"For details & ordering click here.
As written by our guests:
- The asparagus turnovers were to die for!! Yummy cheeses. Breakfast 5 stars. - Ryan and Shirley
- Breakfast was absolutely delicious! We have never stayed anywhere that had a better breakfast. -- Marci
- Atmosphere welcoming, grounds well maintained, breakfast and snacks excellent, bed comfortable. Excellent. - Lenon
Check Room Rates and Availability for Booking