Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Captain's Inn at Moss Landing. Below find all of the important information you’ll need for planning your visit, such as check-in, check-out, taxes, children and other hotel policies. Have a specific question? Give us a call. We’ll be happy to answer any inquiries you may have. 831.633.5550
We collect a 1-night room deposit 7-days or less before your arrival. If you booked a non-refundable reservation we will charge your credit card for your entire stay at the time of your booking.
Check-in 4pm - 6pm (16:00 to 18:00 hrs)
- Maximum Occupancy of 2 (two) persons for all of our guest rooms. A "person" is an adult, child or infant.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am.
- We require a state-issued photo identification, credit card, billing address of credit card, and email address from the person who made the reservation.
Please let us know if you will be arriving after 6:00 pm so that we may make other arrangements. In consideration of other guests, we cannot accept arrivals in our Historic Building rooms (Admiral's wife, Captain's Quarters, Harbor Master, or First Mate) past 8:30 pm.
Late Check-out / Departure:
- Check-out 11:00 am
- Late Check-Out Fee $30.00
- Each additional hour past 1 pm will be $30 per hour
Early Arrival Policy
Early check-ins cannot be guaranteed and are subject to availability. To guarantee an early arrival before the regular check-in time of 4 pm, we request that guests reserve the room for the night prior. Please make your request as early as possible to ensure availability.
Children and minors under the age of 18:
Where a minor is accompanied by an adult, we require the adult to agree, in writing, not to leave any minor unattended at any time during their stay, and to control the minor's behavior during their stay so as to preserve the peace and quiet of our other guests and to prevent any injury to any person and damage to any property. (Civil Code Section 1865(d).) Refusal to sign such an agreement is grounds for refusing accommodations, and any failure to otherwise comply with this policy can/will result in eviction, with no refund of any money paid or owing in connection with the stay.
Minimum age requirement to reserve a hotel room:
Guest must be 25 years old to book a room at the Captain's Inn.
We provide a smoke-free environment within all the buildings at the Captain's Inn. Designated outside smoking areas are the upper deck of the Historic building and the bench outside the Boathouse. These areas have containers for cigarette disposal. If you choose to smoke in your room or we find evidence of smoking in your room, you will be billed an additional night's room charge plus a $200 cleaning fee.
You have 8-days before your arrival date to cancel your stay without penalty, unless you booked a Non-Refundable rate. Cancellations 7 days or less before your arrival will result in a cancellation fee of 1-night's stay plus taxes. Failure to arrive on your scheduled date or Cancellations on arrival date will result in cancellation and forfeiture of payment for your entire stay. Leaving before your scheduled departure date will result in the forfeiture of payment for your entire stay.
Non-Refundable reservations: guests will be charged for their full stay at the time of booking and there are absolutely NO Refunds for any reason.
*This cancellation policy does not apply to special events, group stays, or holidays. These have special cancellation policies that will be described at the time of booking.
Hotel Currency - US Dollar - Accepted Payment Options: American Express, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
All pets are prohibited on property (a cleaning fee of $200.00 and an additional night's room charge will be applied to your bill if a pet or evidence of a pet is discovered). “Service animals” are permitted, with proper documentation, in accordance with ADA (American's with Disabilities Act) law.
Complimentary self parking on our lot or street parking is available. Parking is on a first come first serve basis. SUVs, Pickup trucks, campers, must park on the street.
Discounts or Promotions:
- From time-to-time, Captain's Inn offers Promotions or Discounts to our Base Room rates
- Discounts or Promotions can not be combined with any other Discounts or Promotions
- Discounts or Promotions provided by the Captain's Inn apply to reservations made with us by Phone or through CaptainsInn.com only.
- Discounts or Promotions are applied at the time of booking.
- Applying a Discount or Promotion after your original booking date, may result in a higher room rate.
Hotel Policy Compliance:
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Failure to comply with any of the above policies are grounds for refusing accommodations, and any failure to otherwise comply with these policies can/will result in eviction, with no refund of any money paid or owing in connection with the stay at the Captain's Inn.
- revised 4/7/19